Free online local listings help customers find your business, getting people to your door when it is open, during the right days and business hours. In the past we used other media channels like Yellow Pages and today we have the Internet with many opportunities for you to list important features of your business. This is important now more than ever when more people use social media, search engines, online Yellow Pages, and referral and review sites.
Claiming your Free online local listings requires a lot of time and patience. First of all, you have to search for the most popular websites in your community. Second, sign in to the top sites and get your business listed. Include business information such as: location, phone, website, business hours, social media network, links, and logo.
Some free online local listings available are:
- Google Places – Google Places provide access to free tools that help your business get online, and be found on Google Search and Maps. And it’s free. More info: http://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/index.html
- Yahoo Local – Yahoo! Local Listings is an online local advertising system that gives businesses the ability to provide detailed business information. More info: http://search.yahoo.com/local?fr=yfp-t-900
- Bing Local – Bing puts your business online for free. You just need to claim your listing by verifying ownership. More info: http://www.bingplaces.com/
- Merchant Circle – Focused on connecting busy people with the best local merchants. More info: http://www.merchantcircle.com/corporate/about.html
- Mapquest – MapQuest gives local businesses access to 1 out of every 5 people on the web. They allow you to sign up and add your website, hours of operation, photos, and all kinds of information about your business. More info: https://listings.mapquest.com/apps/listing
- Citysearch – Citysearch site provides local business listings and user reviews. More info: http://www.citysearch.com/aboutcitysearch/about_us
- Manta – Manta helps small businesses profit, connect and grow through the largest online community dedicated entirely to small business. More info: http://www.manta.com/coms2/page_about_manta
- Foursquare – Foursquare has millions of business listings, all submitted by customers who go to those places. More info: http://business.foursquare.com/business-tools/overview/
I highly recommend claiming your business and keeping all your business information updated. Online local listings give your business a better opportunity to use specific keywords to gain better search engine rankings. Better search rankings draw more customers to your site.
You also can get paid online local listings. For an annual fee the online listings providers will add your listing in multiple search engines websites. Some popular providers are: Yelp, YellowPages, Craiglist, Angies list, among others.
Don’t wait to claim your Free online local listings that will allow you to connect with more people in your hometown, as well as suppliers and travelers. At the end it is all about reaching more customers so more customers can find your business. And the best of all it is FREE!